The stories are everywhere, always uplifting, always inspiring:
- The teens who bring breakfast burritos to homeless people every Sunday.
- The man who turned vacant lots into organic food forests in South Central LA.
- The grandmother who runs a health center in the most dangerous city in the world.
- The father who won a marathon despite having brain cancer – and pushing his daughter in a stroller the entire race.
Every day, people just like you go out into the world and make their dreams come true.
They did it. Why not you? You’re no different than any of these individuals.
Why Couldn’t Your Dream Come True?
True, it sounds hard. In fact, it probably is hard, with a number of obstacles to overcome. That may be excuse enough to put your dream on permanent hold. But how would you feel if you made your dream a reality? How badly do you want that feeling?
“Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them… they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.”
– Orison Swett Marden, writer
Could a Plan Help?
The easiest way to turn a dream into reality is one step at a time:
- Choose one small thing to get done. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Identify what scares you most about taking that step. Ask yourself: What’s the worst thing that could happen if I face this fear? Write down the worst-case scenario, and also write how you would confront it.
- Choose a small reward for yourself once you’ve accomplished that activity.
- Then just do it – and check that task off your list.
- Now treat yourself to the reward, rejoice, and celebrate!
- Repeat the above steps as many times as necessary and watch yourself get happier and healthier as you move in the direction of your dream. And enjoy the journey.
Need more inspiration? Check out Daily Good – a news blog full of uplifting stories. It’s my favorite source for good news.
What’s your dream? What one small thing can you do today to bring that dream closer to reality? What scares you? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!